Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mother Nature's Protectors

If you go south of Vancouver you will eventually cross the border into the United States. If you go west you will get your feet wet with the Pacific Ocean. If you go North or East you will be blocked by Mother Nature's guards - the mountains.











Standing tall against all the elements and harbouring British Columbia like little else can, these majestic peaks are as much a part of a Vancouverite as the rain.







Although I am BC born and bred I did spend ten years in Calgary Alberta. And I liked it there, I had a lot of fun and many life experiences. Yet every once in a while I would get lonely and miss the west coast. I would look to the West and gaze at the Rocky Mountains. Just over those peaks was my home province.


Now I am not going to say that I will never live anywhere else because I don't know what the future holds for me. I will tell you though that Vancouver will always have a piece of heart.

Here's to you finding the beauty around you.

PS: thanks go to Salvatore, the owner of the apartment building I live in. He allowed me to go onto the balcony of an empty suite on the third floor to get some better pictures.

TAGS:, , ,
,,,,

1 comment:

  1. I love the mountains. I also love the beach. As long as I can get to either without a lot of difficulty, I'm happy.

    Great pictures on all your blogs.

    ReplyDelete