Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No Fair Trade

Sunday when I went to the Powell Street Festival I lost my sun glasses. But I came home with something too.

Some bug or spider really liked me. I don't think that was a fair trade at all!

Needless to say I didn't get my walk done today but that is why I take more photos than needed when on my walks. I will go into the vault and see what appeals to me.



Last month I happened to have my camera handy as the sun was setting and these marks were being made across the sky. Sometimes when the clouds are shifting it makes me wonder. Is there something happening up there? I'm not intrigued by the technical explanation, I prefer to let my imagination run wild.
This is an angel carrying a spear. She, or he, is protecting the heavens from negative intruders.


And there she is again, a longer shot this time. Did you play that game as a child? When you stare at the clouds and say what you saw in the shapes and then maybe even make a story up about it. What a good way to exercise the imagination.

Albert Einstein said that 'Imagination is more important than knowledge' and I so agree with him. Knowing things is great, learning about as much as a person can is fantastic. It can really help in life. But in order to make good use of that knowledge, not to just be a teller of facts, you need have an imagination so that you can have ideas on how to expand on that knowledge. How to use it to better your life and that of those around you.


It took knowledge to build the railroad. Someone had to know what the train needed to travel across great distances. But it took imagination to first dream of a train, a contraption that would enable people, livestock and item to travel from one point to another.It took imagination for someone to realize that putting in a railroad from coast to coast could unite a country.

And just think of the imagination that crreated this, a modern city. Someone, somewhere must have thought about the benefits of the tall buildings and commuter trains yet there had to be someone who had the knowledge to build those structures. Imagination combined with knowledge is a wonderous thing.

I started imagining that the blister was gone. I was getting tired of it, it kept growing, so I called a nurse and she advised me on how to burst it safely. I knew everything she was telling me but it was good to confirm the knowledge.

So perhaps it isn't that imagination is more important but rather that without it, knowledge isn't worth a whole heck of a lot.

I hope you find the beauty around you.

TAGS:, , , clouds,,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment