Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!

Can you believe it is the year 2012 already? It doesn't seem that long ago that people were talking about Y2K and how the world was going to come to an end at the start of the new century. And now there are those who say that the world will end this year.

Before I get into my first blog entry of the year I want to show you something. As you may know my book The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story is being published in Turkey. I received the cover over the Christmas break and I want to share it with all of you.
Isn't that gorgeous? I put it on my desktop and admire it every time I look at my computer.

Now I'll take you back to Shaugnessy and look at a few homes there.

This home is on Matthews Avenue and shows how firm a grip the Tudor Revival's  style had on the imagination of the first generation of Shaugnessy home owners.

The house was designed by architects Sharp and Thompson in 1912.



This Craftsman house on Granville Street was also built in 1912. It was designed by architect H. Murray.

As you can see it has a hipped roof with deep overhanging eaves and brackets as well as a shingled upper storey and an irregularly coursed stone base cladding.

The curved glass in the corner turret was imported and quite expensive.

Members of the John Westaway Society, a philosophical association, lived in the house 1960s and 1970s. Now it is a private residence.

It was difficult getting photos of this house due to the large hedge. This is why most of the pictures were taken from across the street.

It is good to be back and I hope you find the beauty around you.

, , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment