Monday, January 30, 2012

Park and Venables

I found a site on Flickr that shows a lot of older buildings in Vancouver. It doesn't share a lot of information sometimes but I will still show you some photos.

Like this place.

This house was built in 1907 and is located on Venables, not far off of Commercial Drive. The first tenant was a carpenter by the name of Thomas Brettistone.

It is for sale if you are interested.

There are a few older houses like this in Vancouver. The area has changed from residential to primarily commercial and these homes are sandwiched between commercial buildings.


This next home is just around the corner on Commercial Drive and it is between two commercial buildings.

In the close to nine years that I have lived in this area I have walked by this home numerous times and never thought much about it. Besides the fact that I do admire the gardens. I would never have known that the house was built in 1906.

When the first resident lived in this building, logger Charles H. Preston had the address of 928 Park Drive.

I hope you find the beauty around you.

, , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment